The Public Land Users Committee mailing address is 48 Box Cross Road, Sheridan, Wyoming 82801. We have been working on public outdoor recreation issues for since 2004. Our board members all volunteer their time to improve public access to land, and the user experience.
Ted Lapis – President – ted.lapis at gmail.com
Gabe Johnson – Vice President – gabriel.johnson at cldpk.com
Chris Williams – Treasurer – chris_williams2000 at msn.com
Bill Adsit – Secretary – bill.pluc at gmail.com
PLUC meetings are held at 7:00PM on the 2nd Monday of each month at the Sheridan County Courthouse, across from the Commissioner’s offices.
PLUC works with many other organizations to improve access to land. The links below are a partial (and growing) list of organizations that work in areas affecting land access. Please thank them when appropriate, and tell them your concerns when you can.
- Wyoming State Land Board Members – http://goo.gl/yjCkD
- Sheridan County Commissioners – http://goo.gl/4HqR7
- Johnson County Commissioners – http://goo.gl/xqczKr
- Wyoming Office of State Lands & Investments (OSLI) –
Public Access Rules – http://goo.gl/53sYe
- Sheridan & Johnson County Legislators:
- The Honorable State Senator Bruce Burns – Bruce.Burns@wyoleg.gov
- The Honorable State Senator Dave Kinskey – Dave.Kinskey@wyoleg.gov
- The Honorable State Representative HD#51 – Rosie Berger – Rosie.Berger@wyoleg.gov
- The Honorable State Representative HD #29 – Mark Kinnear – Mark.Kinnear@wyoleg.gov
- The Honorable State Representative HD #30 – Mark Jennings – Mark.Jennings@wyoleg.gov
- The Honorable State Representative HD #40 – Michael Madden – Mike.Madden@wyoleg.gov
- WY OSLI State Land Recreation Rules-Regulations – http://goo.gl/E1nuU
- Wyoming Game & Fish Walk-in Area Rules – http://goo.gl/grr2y
- Our Public Lands.org – http://goo.gl/lhfI1
- Conservation Fund.org – http://goo.gl/jVfqe
- Public Lands Foundation – http://goo.gl/5zHSd
- The Trust for Public Land – http://goo.gl/4n3jU
- National Atlas.gov dynamic maps by USGS – http://goo.gl/l1AuH
- American Trails.org – http://goo.gl/3EVqd
- American Wildlife Conservation Partners – http://goo.gl/Bp632
- National Public Lands Day.org – http://goo.gl/3h0du
- National Public Lands News – History of US Public Land – http://goo.gl/z0uBs
- Tread Lightly.org – Respected Access – http://goo.gl/rGl4h
- US BLM Volunteers – http://goo.gl/TT2SF
- Public Land Users Committee (PLUC) PC website with maps & data – http://goo.gl/KnHrD
- The Northwest Wyoming OHV Alliance (NWWYOHVA) http://goo.gl/2UZtr or Dana Sander’s Facebook Page http://goo.gl/wyINx. email – NWWYOHV@gmail.com.
- US Bureau of Land Management (BLM) online maps and meta data – www.geocommunicator.gov/.
- Three Poles Facebook (Please like us on Facebook). https://www.facebook.com/ThreePolesRecreationArea